Sunday 21 May 2017

Road Portal Refresher Course



On the 16th of May, police officers came to Lincoln Primary to run a Refresher course with the Road Patrollers ( Years 6-8.) James street is a very busy road. Road Patrol makes it safe for people to cross the road.
In the Refresher course, they were reminded about how to use the signs and to let people cross the road safely.

Interview with Constable Rick:

How long did it take for you to train to be a policeman?

I did five months of training in Wellington, there was a lot of learning, eight hours each class.

How many years have you been a police officer?

I have been in the police for Eight years, I love helping everyone.

What made you want to be a police officer?

I always had a vision of the right things and wrong things, and I wanted my job to include to help New Zealand be a better place.

What was it like training?

It was very hard, you have 8 hours of learning during the day and at night 4 hours of studying, it was very intense learning.

(Heidi, Jorja and Constable Rick heading over towards the Road Portal crossing.)

(Harmony, Maxina, Chenaè, getting ready.)

No comments:

Post a Comment